„The Final Report on the proposed Reform of the Arbitration Act“ | An LSLC Event Hosted by ZFZ – 10 October 2023
The Final Report on the proposed Reform of the Arbitration Act
An LSLC event, hosted by Zeiler Floyd Zadkovich (online and in-person)
We look forward to welcoming clients, colleagues and a truly distinguished panel to our offices for this fantastic event.
Topics are likely to include:
- When will the new rule on governing law come into effect, and how should clients react to it?
- How will the court’s new powers to support arbitration work?
- Will leaving section 69 (appeals on a point of law) unchanged hinder the development of the common law?
- Will the changes on substantive jurisdiction tilt the balance against unmeritorious challenges?
- When will the interests of justice lead the court to rehear the evidence?
- Are we missing an opportunity to fix other problems with the Act?
Moderator: Sir Jeremy Cooke
Sir Richard Aikens – Brick Court Chambers
The Hon. Mr Justice Henshaw – Royal Courts of Justice
Philippa Hopkins KC – Essex Court Chambers
Nathan Tamblyn – The Law Commission
Jonathan Webb – Partner, Zeiler Floyd Zadkovich
Tuesday, 10 October 2023 | 6:00 pm GMT
ZFZ London at Caroline House, 55 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6DX
& streaming live on Zoom